On October 1, 2014
By SourceOne Office Products
With Comments Off on 5 Reasons You Should Recycle Toner Cartridges
5 Reasons You Should Recycle Toner Cartridges
Heightened sustainability is no longer just an option. In the corporate world, we are finding that sustainability is increasingly becoming an expectation among customers, investors, employees, media, and government regulators.
Did you know?
- In one year, if the world’s discarded toner cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth twice.
- It takes about a gallon of oil to produce every new toner/laser cartridge.
- Every remanufactured laser cartridge saves nearly two pounds of metal and plastic waste from being deposited in landfills. Toner cartridge remanufacturing saves over 38,000 tons of plastic and metal from landfills.
Why You Need to Be Recycling Toner Cartridges, Now
- Reduce waste. We can keep 400,000 tons of plastic and metal out of our landfills each year by simply recycling ink cartridges.1 These much needed technology products are actually one of the fastest growing and most highly toxic waste streams in the industrialized world, according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- It’s easy! At SourceOne, we make it simple for Southern California businesses to recycle cartridges. We’ll provide you with a collection box and will schedule weekly or monthly pick up visits. All you have to do is drop your cartridges in the box … and let us in when we ring.
- Save and make money. Recycled cartridges tend to be slightly cheaper than brand new ones. And, guess what? The quality is just as good. Get cash for you business from doing the right thing – we pay for recycled cartridges in the form of check or credit.
- Save resources. According to EarthShare.org, it takes 80 percent less energy to remanufacture ink cartridges from recycled cartridge plastic. When you opt for recycled ink and toner, you:
- Reduce energy consumption and save resources.
- Help decrease the emissions of gases generated by greenhouses that help global climate change.
- Help save natural resources such as water and oil because recycling reduces the need for raw materials.
- It makes you feel good (and looks good for your company). When you do something good for the earth, you help make a positive impact on your local community; you help make it a cleaner and safer place (two things that can make anyone feel good). See for yourself how recycling toner makes you feel – contact us for details on our ink and toner-recycling program.